Pages

samedi 13 novembre 2010

Happiness is...

Hello dear friends,          (veuillez dérouler l'écran pour le texte français)
I am having a quiet Saturday night at home, in my craftroom, listening to music, I guess this is what Happiness is...  Happiness is, also my participation at Magnolia-licious first color challenge, Pink and Yellow.  I have been thinking about this card all week, until I found this paper, I had no idea what I could create. Pink, no problem, I am a pink girl. But yellow is a color I am having problem connecting with, although I love yellow.. Then came a recipe book on cupcakes.  I love cupcakes, it is a pleasure for me to bake cupcakes, sit down with a cup of tea, and enjoy this delicacy! It inspired me, because it was full of images of yellow and pink icing!  This is the story I wanted to illustrate with my card. I chose Happy Tilda that I bought a while ago from Magnolia-licious, she is colored with Copics. I received the image ofthe cupcake from a friend who has this cute stamp, I colored it also with Copics, but in lieu of the icing, I used Liquid Pearl, in Petal pink, then  I added glitter and pearls. I cut the Magnolia  doily in a pink glitter cardstock. The lovely banner is makde with my Cricut Reminsce cartrige. The letters are from Quickutz alphabet Studio Skinny mini. The DP is from Creative Memories, Enchantement collection. Thank you for stopping by, and take time to enjoy what Happiness is for you this weekend.

Salut à vous chères amies,
J'ai passé un samedi tout à fait délicieux. Assise à ma table, travaillant sur cette participation au nouveau défi couleurs de Magnolia-licious, Rose et Jaune. Je crois bien que c'est ça le bonheur!  J'ai pensé à cette carte toute la semaine. Me placer en mode inspiration "rose", aucun problème, mais le "jaune" est une autre histoire, bien que j'aime cette couleur, je ne connecte pas autant. Pour me distraire, je suis allée à la bibliothèque et je suis revenue avec un livre de recettes de Cupcakes, dont les images
sont tellement belles qu'elles donnent l'eau à la bouche. C'est en voyant une de ces petits gâteaux décorés en rose et jaune que l'idée de ma carte m'est venue! J'ai trouvé le papier parfait, dans la collection Enchantement de Creative Memories. Par chance, j'avais une image d'un cupcake de Magnolia, reçu d'une amie qui a cette étampe. Qui de mieux que Happy Tilda pour m'accompagner dans ce projet? Je l'ai coloriée avec Copic, tout comme le gâteau, pour le glaçage, j'ai utilisé du Perfect Pearl, un peu de brillant et des perles. Le petit napperon est coupé avec la découpe Magnolia. La bannière est réalisée avec la Cricut et la cassette Reminisce. Les lettres sont de Quickutz, Studio mini. La fleur, les perles, les brillants sont de mon inventaire. J'espère que vous prendrez un moment pour savourer quelque chose que vous aimez particulièrement  cette fin de semaine, le bonheur c'est  ça...
Merci de venir me visiter.







I will enter my card in the following challenges:

27 commentaires:

Peggie a dit…

What a delightful card. Love all the sparkle.

Anonyme a dit…

Another gorgeous card Danielle! So cute how you used the banner in her hands. The glitter justs makes your card shimmer!! Gorgeous coloring! Good luck on the challenge =)
hugs,
Shell

Linda Imler a dit…

Very Pretty Card. I can't resist a cupcake either.
Linda I. aka Craftin Kay

Cami a dit…

Beautiful card Danielle! Love the pearls on your cupcake and the sparkle! Very pretty! Hugs, Cami

LINDA W. a dit…

OMGoodness what a beautiful card...love
all the sparkle and your coloring.
Hugs Linda

Rene a dit…

Oh how pretty!!!! I will have to let Grace take a look tomorrow so she can leave you another note! :D
Do you use liquid pearls or pearl dots? I cannot make my liquid pearls even so if you use them, pass along your secret please! :D
Good luck in the challenge!

charlene a dit…

that is just to darn cute ! You make the sweetest cards.
Hugs

Sharon Caudle a dit…

Oh Danielle! This is adorable!!! How could anyone look at this card and not get a big smile on their face!!!! I love all the sparklies and Tilda is so beyond cute! Fabulous card!!
hugs, Sharon

Unknown a dit…

Hi Danielle...I am soooo tickled that you entered this darling card in the first Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog!! I agree with you...pink is easy!! Yellow...no so easy for me either!! But you, m'dear, have done a beautiful job with these colors...and I love the little scene you created. I'm sort of hungry all of a sudden...for a cupcake! LOL!! Hugs...Pat Frank

Only By His Grace a dit…

Lovely card Danielle.
Love the design you have chosen and the coloring is great.
Hugs Maz

Tracy Valure a dit…

Beautiful Card! Happiness for me is Cupcakes! hehe Thank you for joining us on the Magnolia-Licious Challenge Blog!!
Tracy Valure

Jean a dit…

Oh Danielle how smart you are.. to think of using a cupcake and a banner.. would never have thought of that and the glitter is right up my alley.. you did such a great job on the banner with the quote and like I said love all the accessories..
Hugs, Jean

Patti Jo a dit…

Happiness is....perfect for your card! Love the banner and the glitz. Tilda is adorable along with the cupcake! Terrific job Danielle!

cabio's craft corner a dit…

Cheerful and happy card Danielle. How sweet of this pink & yellow project!! Thanks so much for joining the Magnolia-licious Challenge :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Anonyme a dit…

Oh what a delightful card so full of joy! :) I love Tilda holding that Happiness Is... banner. So super sweet and beautiful coloring!

Thanks for joining us at the Magnolia-licious Challenge blog! ps. your link to the challenge blog is not working. ;)

hugs, Angela

Christines Creative Capers a dit…

this is a very sweet card - I love all the "bling" and the cup cake is simply adorable

Audrey a dit…

Très charmante cette Tilda! Tout est harmonieux et si délicat!

Card Crazy a dit…

Precious card. So happy.
Sue S.

Candy a dit…

Hi Danielle,
I adore your story and how you incorporated it into your sweet card!
Tilda is a very happy girl about her cupcake and her banner proves it!!
Your colouring is very pretty and your cupcake looks good enough to eat ( love the pearls on top ) .
Thanks so much for joining in our first challenge at Magnolia-licous Challenge Blog.
Hugs, Candy

Barb Hardeman a dit…

Now doesn't she just look like the happiest kid on the blog? I love the cupcake theme (true happiness is the sweet frosting) and your sparkles look so fabulous here. This card is sheer delight!
Hugs,
Barb

♥♥RubyM:)♥♥ a dit…

HEY SWEETIE I HAD A CHANCE TO RUN IN HERE AND VISIT YOU~~!!!! I just had to give you a quick hello and tell you how adorable your card is!! I just think the sign she's holding perfectly describes you!! What a cute creation and i miss visitng you and all my friends but hopefully soon i have my new laptop :) Take care sweetie,RubyM:)

Christina C. a dit…

WOW, Danielle, this is a magnificent card!!!!
You created a phenomenal scene and a most beautiful card incorporating those colors. Love the cupcake theme......I can definitely relate to that....just had a cup of coffee with a cupcake...Yummmmmmmyyyyy!!!!

Sharron aka Sharrahug a dit…

Very cute card, Danielle!!!!!!!

Huggies ~ Sharron♥

Nady a dit…

bravo elle est superbe ta carte, tu as très bien relevé le défi d'ajouter du jaune.
bravo!
bisou
nadyne xx

Maria a dit…

Bonjour Danielle! Ta carte est tres jolie et j'aime beaucoup c'est Tilda. Merci d'avoir jouer avec nous a Magnolia-licious Challenges et nous esperons que tu joues beaucoup avec nous de nouveau. Merci aussi d'avoir parteciper a mon blog candy. Bises, Maria

Norma a dit…

Danielle, a lot of ladies seems to be of the same mind re the challenge colours. The pink is just fine, but what do you do with the yellow…LOL. Well I think you’ve done a fantastic job of rising to the challenge. Your card is fabulous. I love your Happy card and I like the story behind the card. TSF. And who doesn’t like cupcakes!!!
Thanks for joining the fun with our first challenge a the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog..

Hugs,
Norma

Kathy Gerace a dit…

Gorgeous card! Love everything about it.
Huggeroonies,
Kathy