Pages

lundi 17 novembre 2014

Bloomgirls through the seasons with Jamie Dougherty.

Chères lectrices,
merci de votre visite aujourd'hui.La frénésie des fêtes vous gagne-t-elle? Je ne suis pas encore atteinte, mais j'avoue que ça s'en vient! Avec petit Gabriel qui grandit, et qui semble s'émerveiller à tout, ce sera intéressant de voir sa réaction à toutes ces lumières... Ceci dit, au début de l'automne, en panne d'inspiration et poussée par un de mes fils à reprendre le dessin, je me suis inscrite à un atelier en ligne de Jamie Dougherty. J'ai découvert par la suite qu'elle passait à Montréal, mais compte tenu que les ateliers ne me réussissent pas vraiment, parce que trop pressée dans le temps, et trop distraite par tout ce qu'il y a autour, je suis contente de l'avoir pour moi toute seule dans mon atelier! toujours est-il qu'en visionnant cet atelier, je me suis rendue compte que je n'avais pas en inventaire les produits proposés, ceci m'a déroutée, la paresse de trouver des substituts m'a gagné, puis j'ai fermé boutique, jusqu'à aujourd'hui, où je me suis dit, que si ce souhait de dessiner était dans mon "pot de choses à réaliser", que si pour une raison ou une autre, je continuais de le reporter, qu'il ne se réaliserait pas et deviendrait un regret. Pas bon pour l'âme les regrets... Lundi, est la meilleure journée pour mettre de l'avant un projet. J'ai ressorti mes crayons, enduit ma page de cahier de gesso, je me suis préparé un bon thé vert, et j'ai choisi la Bloom girl d'octobre. c'est un projet en cour, je n'ai pas trouvé ce qui remplacera les Primary Elements pigment powders que je n'ai pas, mais j'étudie présentement la question... En attendant, je partage le visage réalisé selon le sketch de Jamie. Je me suis inspirée d'elle, mais j'ai dessiné à main libre cette jolie demoiselle qui regarde vers le haut. Ce fut un bel après midi, une belle expérience à répéter.

Je vous souhaite une belle semaine.


Dear Followers,
thank you for your visit today.  Is the Christmas magic making it's way? I am not yet contaminated, but it should not be long! With baby Gabriel growing fast, I can't wait to see his expression when looking at the Christmas tree. This being said,  I was being urged by my son to start drawing again, and since I was in a creative down, I registered in Jamie Dougherty's Blooming through the season class, to  later discover she was stopping by Montreal (last weekend); since workshops give me side effects I do not particularily like, I am happy finding Jamie in my own craftroom, at my own rythm and without any disturbances! When I received my password for the class, I jumped in to jump out very fast! I noticed I had almost no product that was mentioned in my inventory, and would have to find replacements, time went by, and I kind of pushed the class behind. However, having the strong desire to draw again, I noticed time flies and should, for any reason, not realize this wish, it would turn into a regret. Regrets are no good for the soul!  Monday is the best day to start a project, in between laundry batches! I got my pencils out, gesso,d my page, made myself a tea, chose October bloom girl, and spent the afternoon with Jamie. I still have not figured out how to replace the Primary Elements pigments powders that I do not own, but I am studying the question.....Meanwhile, I share with you this pretty girl looking up at us that I draw, inspired by Jamie,s sketch. I did not calk, nor transfered the sketch, just went free hand. I truly enjoyed my afternoon, experience to be repeated.

Have a wonderful week.








9 commentaires:

Elise a dit…

Hello Dear Danielle! OOoH woot woot! I am so happy to see that you are creating once again!!! :) And your talents just WOW me every single time! You colour, you knit, you photograph, you draw .. you are AMAZING!!! :) I love what you have sketched .. a true artist at work! I can't wait to see more!!!!!!!!

Sending Warm Hugs,
Elise

cathylynn a dit…

It's great to see you drawing again!! You did an awesome job and have fun with your own style. Your art is a reflection of your soul.
Hugs, Cathy

Joséphine a dit…

Un superbe résultat, très réussie cette demoiselle! Bonne semaine à toi aussi!! :)

Francine a dit…

Je suis fan ma chère Danielle et j'aime voir que tu essayes de nouvelles choses telles que celle-ci! Quel plaisir de visiter un blog avec des créations si variées. C'est tout ce que j'aime... <3 J'ai hâte de voir la suite! Merci pour le partage!!!
Bise
Francine
PS: je me demande si je ne vais pas suivre cet atelier... ça a l'air vraiment super!

Christina C. a dit…

Well, I am SPEECHLESS!!!! This is outstanding, Danielle, and definitely something you should pursue. Wow....I love the eyes!

Céline a dit…

ah ouais! quand même quel talent, j'admire, c'est splendide
bises
céline

Sandy a dit…

Dog gone - I lost my comment!! What a special Christmas this is going to be with sweet Gabriel. A special name for a special baby!!
Workshops make me a nervous wreck! I work way to slowly and then the noise is quite distracting. I prefer to be alone.
Your drawing is fabulous Danielle and I sure hope you keep it up. You have a lot of talent but that is no secret!!!!
Love,
Sandy xx

Kelly a dit…

You have finally pursued what you are good at, your own drawing and painting is coming too?!! I do think you have been excellent at all the crafting I have seen in the past also!!
You have such talent and understanding of depth and shading, I love your Blooming Girl, she is gorgeous!! I am so excited for you and to see your personal work, very well done, excellent perfection! I love her cheeks, just amazing!
Looking forward to more of your work, also I am glad you are enjoying it too!
Hugs Kelly

Brigitte a dit…

WOW, t'es vraiment bonne dans tout!!!!! SUper fille, et que de détails dans le regard. J'aimerai bien avoir ses cils, lol!!! Bises, Brigitte