Pages

vendredi 27 mai 2011

INVENTORY CHALLENGE No. 33 - Pile it on ! (Layers)

Happy Friday Friends!
Another week has gone by, and Christina and I are happy to welcome you to a brand new Inentory Challenge, which has for theme Pile it on! I love layers, sooo this was a delight for me. Today is my DIL' s birthday (Have a wonderful day Cindy!) and it is her card I present you. Special, quite special, and very out of my comfort zone. Sensuality, feminity and as my son says: Scrumptious! Cindy loves fairies. I created for her a Moonlight paradise, because she likes blue.

Bon vendredi!
Une autre semaine qui s'est envolée, et le printemps qui tarde. Christina et moi sommes heureuses de vous accueillir à un nouveau défi, et notre thème est "empilons"! c'est un plaisir pour moi, j'adore empiler.J'ai créé cette carte spécialement pour Cindy, la petite amie de mon fils. C'est son anniversaire aujourd'hui, alors Bonne Fête Cindy.


I used Moonlight Fairy from the beautiful Sweet Pea collection, and enjoyed every bit of time I spent coloring this little beauty. I used mainly my copics, but was unable to get the depth I really was looking for, so my coloring pencils came very useful. The halo around the picture was obtained with coloring pencil and solvent, I added Distress ink all around the border to emphasizes the effect of darkness. I used the wonderful sketch No. 156 from Sketch Saturday. Hope Cindy will like her, and so do you!


Je suis vraiment sortie de ma zone de confort pour explorer la féminité, la sensualité avec cette fée qui s'appelle Moonight Fairy, de la collecton Sweet Pea, ce fut pour moi un défi, habituée à colorier Tilda,  Comme Cindy aime le bleu, j'ai voulu créer une scène où la lune resplendirait. Je me suis inspirée du sketch de Sketch Saturday no. 156. J'espère qu'elle plaira à Cindy, et à vous aussi!





This interior page was created with my cricut, Paper lace cartridge.

On this pannel, I used the same layout as the front of the card; to leave space for writing, I used a watercolor paper, I stamped & embossed this wonderful corner stamp from SU, and inked with 




I would like to invite you to visit my friends and teamates Christina, Cathy-Lynn , and Rene  to admire their wonderful creations.  Next week, our theme will be "A color combo, White + one color".  Have a very nice weekend!

Je vous invite à aller visiter les talentueuses  Christina, Cathy-Lynn , and Rene  ,mes amies et coéquipières. La semaine prochaine, nous aurons un thème de couleurs: Blanc + une autre couleur. Passez une bonne fin de semaine!









Recipe:
Stamps: Sweet Pea, Moolight fairy
              Sentiment: Stampin Up: belles tournures
              Inside swirls: from Doodle this.
Design paper: Tim Holtz Idealogy
Cardstock: Stampin Up; AC Glitter cardstocks in black and silver
Swirls: Tim Holtz cutting die
Ribbons, pears, glitters from my stash
Inside diecut from Paper Lace cricut cartrige





Challenges: Sketch Saturday No. 156


18 commentaires:

cathylynn a dit…

WOWZERS!!!!! Yes Danielle you hit a grand slam on this one. I can't stop admiring this BEAUTY!!! Your coloring is breath-taking and gee all the yummy details inside and out! Your son nailed the definition "SCRUMPTIOUS" and Your DIL will treasure this masterpiece. I love this card!!!
Hugs, Cathy

Genevieve a dit…

Vraiment de toute beauté. Tu nous montres que tu peux passer facilement de Tilda aux fées sans perdre ton style.
Le choix du papier ainsi que cette touche de brillant donne tout son sens à ce sketch. Sketch que je trouve des plus originals et que je me réserve pour le futur....
Toutes mes félicitations Danielle tu nous éblouis toujours...et tu as fait certainement une heureuse!!

Louise a dit…

Hi Danielle,
Your card is absolutely stunning, really nice coloring, i am sure she will love it.
Louise

Christina C. a dit…

WOW, WOW, WOW....this card is indeed scrumptious!!!! Your son was right on!
You colored this sweet image MAGNIFICENTLY...also love the halo around her. Absolutely STUNNING!!!!
The interior scroll is beautiful...your son's girlfriend will surely treasure this extraordinary card.

Jo a dit…

WOW!!!! what a stunning card :)
Thank you for joining in the fun at sketch saturday
Jo xx

Sharon Caudle a dit…

Danielle, this card is exquisite!! I love the beautiful blues and your coloring is gorgeous!!! I'm sure she absolutely adores this card! Stunning!
hugs, Sharon

Rene a dit…

Oh la la! That's one pretty little fairy! And I LOVE how you used the paper lace cartridge!!!
Rene :D

Nady a dit…

Wow magnifique! j'adore les couleurs et ta carte est superbe. bravo et je te souhaite un beau week-ends.
Nadyne xx

Chrissy a dit…

Stunningly Beautiful Danielle.
She will love this so much.Beautiful colours, and details.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Hélène a dit…

Bravo Danielle ta carte est magnifique J'aime beaucoup ton choix de couleurs noir et bleu l'amie de ton fils l'a sûrement appréciée. C'est très réussi!
Helene xx

Sandy a dit…

Hey Danielle! I think I will go with Sharon's adjective for this card - EXQUISITE! It is truly beautiful and you have done such a gorgeous coloring job. That fairy is so good looking! Beautiful card Danielle!
XO
Sandy

Monique a dit…

That's gorgeous.

Hugs Monique

Unknown a dit…

Wow this is so very very pretty!!!
You did a great job Danielle as always!!!!

Elise a dit…

OMG!!! Danielle!!! This is ... woOooOOowwwwWW!!!! hehe! Your colouring of this is INCREDIBLY BRILLIANT!!! I could sit and dream on this for hours I think!! lol!! Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous creation! Loove it so much!

Love,
Elise

Leslie Anne Avila a dit…

Danielle,
I've been away so long that I haven't your most recent master pieces! Such a cute card! I love the color palette and the background floral paper is gorgeous! Love it!
Blessings and Happy Memorial Day~
Leslie

Regina a dit…

WOW Danielle!!! ...this card is indeed amazing!!!!

I love Caron Vinson drawings specially the fairies
.
Your coloring is perfect as always!!! Absolutely STUNNING card!

I´m very sure your son's girlfriend will surely treasure it!!

Have a marvellous week!!

~Etoile~ a dit…

Oh j'aime ça ta carte, très belle étampe, joli coloriage j'aime la mise en page et les petits détais ajouter en dessous sur le coté de l'étampe.

Iulia a dit…

What a sweet image and so beautifully colored! Love the shadowing around it and the papers! Everything looks magic!
Bisous, Iulia