Pages

mercredi 24 juillet 2019

Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge #490 - focus on a sentiment



Hello! Bonjour!
When inspiration is not at the table, I usually do tests! A while ago, I tested Yupo paper with alcohol inks. I ended up discarding most of my swaps except for these 2 that were sitting on my desk. I though they could make small bookmarks, and  could be interesting with a lovely citation, or sentiment.  I choose 2 different stamp sets: Happiness is reading and Just one more page from the last lauch at Kraftin Kimmie. The size of those sentiments was perfect for a small bookmark, perfect with the swaps I had kept.  Stamping on this paper and alcohol ink is tricky: I tried versafine, which is a bad choice; then Adirondac archival, which did an acceptable job; to realize that a hybrid ink would have given the best result on Yupo and alcohol! (black definitely on my wish list!!) I used a lovely clear envelope from Clear Bags Canada, they have all sizes and the quality is impeccable. I added a tassel, also from Clear Bags, and a charm, a feather completing the embellishments.

Lorsque l'inspiration n'est pas au rendez vous, je fais des tests et des pratiques! Il y a quelque temps, j'avais fait des essais sur papier Yupo avec de l'encre à l'acool, dont je n'ai gardé qu'une lisière que je trouvais intéressante, et qui est restée sur mon bureau jusqu'à ce jour. Le défi du samedi de Kraftin Kimmie propose de mettre en valeur un sentiment.  J,ai choisi  ceux des jeux Happiness is reading et Just one more page .Ce qu'il me restait de ces essais était juste parfait pour un petit signet de 3 po X 4 po, glissé dans une mignonne enveloppe de Clear Bags Canada. Choisir une encre qui donnerait le meilleur résultat, qui sécherait assez rapidement sur ce papier fut un défi en soi! J'ai essayé Versafine, qui se révéla être un fiasco; l'encre Adirondac archival donna un résultat acceptable. J'ai compris que le meilleur résultat serait une encre hybride qui se marie bien aux encres à l'acool. J,ai ajouté une petite breloque et une plume pour compléter la déco, ainsi qu'un gland. 






Merci de votre visite! bonne création
thank you for stopping by! happy crafting!


1 commentaire:

Brigitte a dit…

Ils sont complètement débiles tes signets!!!!!! J'ADORE les couleurs et ta finition parfaite!!!! En as tu un de trop hahaha!!! Bisous